Tuesday, April 28, 2015

TAG | Reader Problems


I saw the Reader Problems Tag over at Book Chick and thought I'd give it a go! So here it is...

1.) You have 20,000 books on your TBR, how do you decide what to read? - I think about what kind of story I'm in the mood for and look for books that fit that description. I'll usually just pick the on that catches my eye first.

2.) You're halfway through a book, and hating it. Do you quit, or commit? - I usually take a break and finish it later.

3.) The end of the year is near, and your so close, but so far from your goodreads challenge. Do you try to catch up and how? - Yes. I go for shorter books that won't take me too long to read so that I can make it by the challenges end.

4.) The covers of a series do not match. How do you cope? - That is one thing I hate the most. I'm really picky about things being in their place and matching if they are supposed to. So when covers don't match, I start to get kind of twitchy. If I can't get the books with all the same cover, I'll just get the new cover and hope I get over it soon. I don't have the money to buy all new matching covered books.

5.) Everyone and their mother loves a book you just didn't love. Who do you bond with over shared feelings? - You know, I figure everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm fine with that. If you loved a book I didn't, that's great. I'm happy you were able to enjoy it. If you didn't like the book, then lets talk about what we both didn't like. That's just how it is.

6.) You're reading a book and you're about to cry in public. How do you deal? - This happens to me all the time! I'm at the library everyday, so when I'm reading a particularly sad part in a book and I feel like I'm going to start ugly-snot-crying, I try to hold it in until I'm alone. That's probably not very healthy, but there is no way I'm ugly crying in front of people. But when I'm finally alone, those tear and snot are in abundance. Sometimes it takes me a while to be able to stop crying.

7.) A sequel of a book you love just came out, but you forgot a lot from the prior novel. Do you re-read, skip the sequel, find a summary, or just cry in frustration? - I'll skim the previous book I had read to refresh my memory about what happened.

8.) You do not want anyone borrowing your books. How do you politely tell no when they ask? - I've never had anyone ask to borrow one of my books, but if I did I'd probably still let them borrow it, but promise (in writing) that if it comes back damaged in any way, that they'll either pay me the cover price to get a new one or they'll replace it for me themselves.

9.) Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 different books in the last month. How do you get over a reading slump? - I just hope for a great mind-blowing book to come to me.

10.) There are so many books coming out that you're dying to read. How many do you buy? - Not that many. I'll either wait for them to go on sale or request them from NetGalley. I don't have much money to buy a ton of books.

11.) After you've bought the books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit there collecting dust? - I'm not sure. But I try to get to them as soon as I can. Sometimes that doesn't work out though.


THAT'S IT!

If you'd like to do this TAG, I'd love to see your answers! Please add your link to the list below.



1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm definitely going to do it! Great answers; some of mine are similar...though if I'm really hating a book I just DNF. It was a hard lesson to learn, but now that I'm ok with it, I get in fewer reading slumps!

    Jessica @ Ramblings on Readings

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments from my visitors - your thoughts on the post, questions you have for me, or just to say hi - all I ask is that you are respectful to me and anyone else who comments on the posts. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll consider sharing this post on your various social sites.

ATTENTION: Any award nominations and TAGS need to be posted to the comments of my About page from now on!

Copyright © 2015 Once Untold
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates