Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday | Claimed by Elle Kennedy + Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights an upcoming book release that I'm looking forward to. This week I'm sharing with you Claimed by Elle Kennedy, which is the first book in the Outlaws series. This book is set to be released on October 6th, 2015.


After a devastating war decimated most of the world, Hudson Lane has only known the oppressive life under her own father’s tyranny. She finally escapes, branding herself an outlaw and hunted by the Enforcers. Her best chance at survival is Connor Mackenzie, an aggressively sensual fugitive who opens her eyes to the wicked possibilities of a world without rules.

As the leader of a band of outlaw fighters, Connor can’t resist the beautiful stranger who asks for his protection. Despite his reservations, he agrees to introduce her to a whole new way of life. But when Connor discovers Hudson’s connection to the enemies of liberty, he wonders how far he can trust the woman who has abandoned all inhibitions to challenge every forbidden desire.

****

Why am I looking forward to Claimed?

1.) I haven't been into dystopians for a while, but this one caught my eye. Maybe because it's an adult book. The YA ones just haven't been doing it for me lately.

2.) I've liked some of Elle Kennedy's other books, so I thought I'd like to give this one a try.

3.) I really want to know if Hudson is captured by her father's men and what happens with this band of outlaws.


You can pre-order Claimed for $7.99 on Amazon!


I'm also sharing with you Irresistibly Yours by Lauran Layne, which is the first book in the Oxford series. This book is also set to be released October 6th, 2015.


Meet the men of Oxford magazine! In the first captivating spin-off of Lauren Layne’s Sex, Love & Stiletto series, a not-so-friendly battle of the sexes turns into a scorching office romance.

Hotshot sports editor Cole Sharpe has been freelancing for Oxford for years, so when he hears about a staff position opening up, he figures he’s got the inside track. Then his boss drops a bombshell: Cole has competition. Female competition, in the form of a fresh-faced tomboy who can hang with the dudes—and write circles around them, too. Cole usually likes his women flirty and curvy, but he takes a special interest in his skinny, sassy rival, if only to keep an eye on her. And soon, he can’t take his eyes off her.

Penelope Pope knows all too well that she comes off as just one of the guys. Since she’s learned that wanting more usually leads to disappointment, Penelope’s resigned to sitting on the sidelines when it comes to love. So why does Cole make her want to get back in the game? The man is as arrogant as he is handsome. He probably sees her as nothing more than a barrier to his dream job. But when an unexpected kiss turns into a night of irresistible passion, Penelope has to figure out whether they’re just fooling around—or starting something real.

****

Why am I looking forward to Irresistibly Yours?

1.) It's a sports-related romance and I tend to really enjoy those.

2.) It sounds like there could be some really good banter between Penelope and Cole.

3.) Who ultimately ends up getting the job?

P.S.) I'm really hoping that I don't need to read the Sex, Love & Stiletto series before reading this one. Anyone know?


You can pre-order Irresistibly Yours for $2.99 on Amazon!


BONUS BOOK!

MADAME X (Madame X #1)
by Jasinda Wilder
Released on October 6th, 2015
Pre-Order for $7.99 on Amazon!


2 comments:

  1. Great picks! All are totally new to me but I hope you love each and every one of them!

    Here’s my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You TOTALLY don't need to read the Stiletto series first :) There are a few overlapping characters, but I promise you won't be lost if you start with Irresistibly Yours!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments from my visitors - your thoughts on the post, questions you have for me, or just to say hi - all I ask is that you are respectful to me and anyone else who comments on the posts. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll consider sharing this post on your various social sites.

ATTENTION: Any award nominations and TAGS need to be posted to the comments of my About page from now on!

Copyright © 2015 Once Untold
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates