Friday, February 19, 2016

Feature & Follow Friday | Why I Started Blogging

The Feature and Follow is the premium BLOG HOP of Book Bloggers, hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Running for over five years, the Feature and Follow's goal is to promote the book blogging and author community to join together and support each other - even if it is just through a simple follow. The FF also promotes creative post options by offering interesting topics we can all talk about and comment on! Come join us.

This week's topic:

Why did you start blogging?


My Answer:


I've always loved reading, but as I got into middle school and high school and it became mandatory, that love waned. It wasn't until my Senior year in high school in 2006 that I really got back into reading. I was in a really deep depression and reading helped me stay afloat. At that time I was more into manga with some regular novels dispersed between. I didn't know anything about the reading community online. I didn't use the internet much until after I graduated.

In the Fall of 2008, my family and I lost our house and were living in a conversion van. I had so much stress and anxiety, but books and reading still helped me get through the worst of it. When I created my Facebook account in early 2009, I can across a link for a book blog and it was then that my interest in blogging started.

My initial reasoning for starting book blogging was to help me take my mind off of everything that was happening, but as time went on, I really loved getting more and more involved in the book blogging community. I've had 6 different book blogs over the years since I started in 2009, until finally being happy with Once Untold, lucky number 7.


How to Follow:


All my following options are in the sidebar. Choose the one that's best for you! Thanks for stopping by!



13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you and your family had to go through such a difficult time. You definitely have an interesting origin story and I'm glad you found comfort in your books and blogs. Seven book blogs? You sound like me when I was RPing, I probably had a dozen blogs floating around.

    Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suffer from depression and I have to agree with you. Reading helps alot. Keeps your mind busy.

    New bloglovin' follower.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    Theresa
    The Truth About Books
    My FF Answer Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That's some powerful stuff! We started in blogging in the same year though, so yay!! I find that I was always a reader in some way. Or at least by 7th grade I loooove reading!! And I wanted to give dirty looks to when kids talked the substitute teacher out of giving us sustained silent reading time! I mean come on!!! We can read instead of getting a lesson!! Shut up and let me read my book! Lol!! Yeah...but I didn't speak up since I was pretty much the only student who wanted to read!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I am so glad you were able to find an outlet through those hard times. I hope things are better now!! New follower on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading has definitely helped me during hard times. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad reading helped you and that you then found blogging. Thanks for sharing. :-) Old follower.

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that must have been rough! If it makes you feel any better the same thing kinda happened to me around that time.My kids and I were homeless for eight months but I think it was in 2007.Books have been my escape from my stressful world too
    Old follower
    Thanks for stopping by my blog Book Butterfly in Dreamland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping my blog! I hope everything got better for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it’s great that reading helped you through difficult times. I also had depression as a teenager, and I know that reading helped me.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you found a solution to keep you afloat. Reading does that for me too. Blogging lets me meet other awesome bloggers and it feels good to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I totally agree with you reading has help me through my hard times with my mental illness as will. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D Old Follwer

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments from my visitors - your thoughts on the post, questions you have for me, or just to say hi - all I ask is that you are respectful to me and anyone else who comments on the posts. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll consider sharing this post on your various social sites.

ATTENTION: Any award nominations and TAGS need to be posted to the comments of my About page from now on!

Copyright © 2015 Once Untold
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates