Thursday, June 25, 2015

Reader Recommends | Annoying Heroines

Reader Recommends is a fun meme hosted by Ramblings on Readings where we recommend 3-5 books (or more!) based on certain given topics. This is a great way to see what other readers are enjoying in your favorite genres, or maybe find a new favorite series!


This Week's Topic: Annoying Heroines

We all love annoying heroines; don’t deny it. I personally can’t get enough of the whining, the refusing to talk to my personal awesome Scooby gang about my terrible, stupid ideas and therefore getting someone killed in the process. Getting saved by the new-to-town hunky British guy isn’t just an option, it’s the only way I’m getting out of this alive.

Who are the heroines that you warn your book buds to steer clear of?

These are books that I found to have heroine's that were weak and whiny and they got on my last nerve. The only reason I'd recommend these books to other readers is because the general story plot and supporting characters made up for the annoying heroine.


Radiance by Alyson Noel
Annoying Heroine: Riley Bloom

Riley wants to grow up and be an adult, but she proves time and time again that she's just not that mature at all. Sure she died at the age of 12 (I think), but still. If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one. She whines and complains about practically everything. And I really do mean everything.

Dead Rules by Randy Russell
Annoying Heroine: Jana Webster

This chick is really just kind of crazy and her obsession with her "boyfriend" Michael just got on my last nerve. There is this perfectly good guy (Mars) right next to her, but all she can focus on is killing her boyfriend so that they can be together. I really felt bad for both Michael and Mars. I wouldn't want to be involved with Jana at all. Not even as a friend.

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
Annoying Heroine: Anastasia Steele

Some people are probably going to hate me for this one... But there were times when Ana just really got on my nerves. And I really loathe that "Inner Goddess" line.








Next Week’s Topic: New Adult to Make You Cry

New Adult is all about tugging on the heartstrings. Many times the main character has gone through some horrible trauma, and the book is spent dealing with it so they can heal. What are some New Adult books that made you cry when you read them?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments from my visitors - your thoughts on the post, questions you have for me, or just to say hi - all I ask is that you are respectful to me and anyone else who comments on the posts. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll consider sharing this post on your various social sites.

ATTENTION: Any award nominations and TAGS need to be posted to the comments of my About page from now on!

Copyright © 2015 Once Untold
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates