Thursday, March 26, 2015

Reader Recommends | Ugly Cover, Great Book

Reader Recommends is a fun meme hosted by Ramblings on Readings where we recommend 3-5 books (or more!) based on certain given topics. This is a great way to see what other readers are enjoying in your favorite genres, or maybe find a new favorite series!

This Week's Topic: Ugly Cover, Great Book

You know the one. Maybe it’s an indie gem that had a terrible amateur cover design. Or maybe it got lost in the shuffle of a big publishing house and ended up with a lame cover. Whatever the case, these books are out there, and for people like me who are drawn to gorgeous covers, that’s a death trap for these poor novels. Which books do you love but think need a cover redo?



by Ellen Schreiber
My Rating: 4 Stars (all three)

The first three books in the Vampire Kisses series were not my favorite at all. At first, I was kind of turned off by the covers and even skipped over these books a few times, but then I decided to give them a shot and I ended up really liking the story (I even went on the read the graphic novels).




by Darren Shan
My Rating: 3 Stars (all seven)

The Cirque du Freak series was actually a book series that my brother read and really liked, but I always hated the covers so I didn't bother with them. It wasn't until I started reading the graphic novel adaptation that I really got hooked on these books. I only have books 6-12 here because I started reading the actual books when the graphic novel series stopped at book 5. The graphic novels follow the books so closely and I didn't want to wait for the release of the next graphic novels, so I continued in the books. I even cried at the end of the series.


by Mike A. Lancaster
My Rating: 5 Stars

This cover always kind of grossed me out, but the story is really, really good!








Next Week’s Topic (April 2): Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

It’s easily one of the most popular YA Fantasy series out there right now. What books do you think rival Calaena’s epic, fantastical adventure, filled with danger, romance, magic, and action?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments from my visitors - your thoughts on the post, questions you have for me, or just to say hi - all I ask is that you are respectful to me and anyone else who comments on the posts. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll consider sharing this post on your various social sites.

ATTENTION: Any award nominations and TAGS need to be posted to the comments of my About page from now on!

Copyright © 2015 Once Untold
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates