Thursday, March 19, 2015

Reader Recommends | Zombies

Reader Recommends is a fun meme hosted by Ramblings on Readings where we recommend 3-5 books (or more!) based on certain given topics. This is a great way to see what other readers are enjoying in your favorite genres, or maybe find a new favorite series!

This Week's Topic: Zombies

Similar to ghosts, these guys just want to complete some unfinished business…and it most likely consists of eating your brains. Lets make a solid list of zombie books for the blogosphere to check out!


by Lia Habel
My Rating: 4 Stars

This is a dystopian with a revival of the Victorian era, with zombies. Some of the zombies are like you'd expect them to be, but there are also those that are more alive, more human, like Bram. I really loved the romance between Nora and Bram. This is probably my favorite zombie romance book I've read so far.

by Carrie Harris
My Rating: 4 Stars

This book is more on the humorous side. There's a zombie outbreak in Kate's school. Those who could cure the virus believe that the whole school is infected, leaving those in the school not infected to fend for themselves. So that leaves Kate to try to find the cure herself.

by A.G. Henley
My Rating: 4 Stars

There are the Groundlings, the Lofties, and then the Sightless all among the Scourge. The Groundlings and the Lofties pretty much hate each other. Fenn is a Sightless and all Sightless are somehow protected against the Scourge, so they are forced to walk among them for supplies. There's a romance between Fenn who is a Groundling and a Loftie that I really loved, and there's even a little mystery involved concerning the Scourge and Fenn's Sightless abilities.

by Kresley Cole
My Rating: 5 Stars

Where Dearly, Departed is my favorite zombie romance, Poison Princess is one of my favorite romances with zombies in it. I think that the Bagmen/Zombies in this book may be worse than some regular zombies. They are so disgusting and freaky. Instead of being drawn to a person's brain, they are drawn to the fluids in their bodies. Ugh. *shivers*




Next Week’s Topic (March 26): Ugly Cover, Great Book

You know the one. Maybe it’s an indie gem that had a terrible amateur cover design. Or maybe it got lost in the shuffle of a big publishing house and ended up with a lame cover. Whatever the case, these books are out there, and for people like me who are drawn to gorgeous covers, that’s a death trap for these poor novels. Which books do you love but think need a cover redo?



2 comments:

  1. I'm in the look-out for good zombie books. Haha! Thanks for the post! I think I want to read Poison Princess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Poison Princess :) And I'm glad you liked Bad Taste in Boys because I keep seeing it, but until now I haven't been too tempted to put in on my to-read list! Also, I JUST ordered Dearly, Departed!! I can't wait to read it!

    Jessica @ Ramblings on Readings

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments from my visitors - your thoughts on the post, questions you have for me, or just to say hi - all I ask is that you are respectful to me and anyone else who comments on the posts. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll consider sharing this post on your various social sites.

ATTENTION: Any award nominations and TAGS need to be posted to the comments of my About page from now on!

Copyright © 2015 Once Untold
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates