Thursday, April 9, 2015

Reader Recommends | Steampunk

Reader Recommends is a fun meme hosted by Ramblings on Readings where we recommend 3-5 books (or more!) based on certain given topics. This is a great way to see what other readers are enjoying in your favorite genres, or maybe find a new favorite series!

This Week's Topic: Steampunk

Victorian Clothing, dirigibles, steam powered everything, gears, goggles, automatons…you know the drill. What Steampunk books should every reader have on their shelves?



by Cassandra Clare
My Rating: 4 Stars (CA), 5 Stars (CP), 5.5 Stars (CP2)

The Infernal Devices series of Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter Chronicles is my favorite steampunk series. I've read a few other steampunk books, but none of them compared to The Infernal Devices. The story is captivating and you can't help but fall in love with the characters (well the good ones anyway). If I could only recommend one steampunk series to someone, this would be it.



by Gail Carriger
My Rating: 4 Stars (EE & CC)

The Finishing School series is the prequel series to Gail Carriger's The Parasol Protectorate series. This is probably my second favorite steampunk series. I've actually only read the first two books so far, but the series just keeps getting better with each book. I love how much adventure and fun this series is, plus there's some danger and romance too!


by Kady Cross
My Rating: 4 Stars

I like the action and mystery in The Girl in the Steel Corset, the first book in Kady Cross's Steampunk Chronicles series. I love the MC Finley from the very beginning and the rest of the cast of characters make the series even more interesting. I thought that it was interesting how they all had special powers and the way they got them makes it more so.

by E.M Havens
My Rating: 5 Stars


If you’re looking for a steamy romance, a strong, smart heroine and interesting gadgets, this is the book for you! Fate War is a swords and guns, love and war, Steampunk inspired story that is sure to get your pistons pumping.

I think that part of the book summary sums up how awesome this book is!

by S.M. Blooding
My Rating: 5 Stars

In this book, the world is riddled in war between the Great Families and the House of Tarot. The dynamic between Synn and Queen Nix is an interesting one. This world is really rich and vivid, and the different cultures between each of the tribal Great Families is really diverse depending on where they choose to live. We also see the vast differences between the Great families who are more earth and nature based, and the House of Tarot that is all about mechanics and pretty much detroying anything natural.


Experience a world of ships that sail the clouds and cites buried beneath the ocean, and survive the fiery battle brought forth by those who control the forces of nature!


Next Week’s Topic (April 16): John Green

He’ll make you laugh, and then he’ll turn around and rip your heart out and slash it into a million pieces. What books do you recommend after John Green annihilates your soul?



3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I haven't heard of a few of these, and I needed some good steampunk recommendations!!

    Jessica @ Ramblings on Readings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all of the steampunk recommendations! I read a lot of Victorian literature, but sometimes it's just too heavy. I want the same Victorian-ness, but without the verbosity! I've read the Infernal Devices series, but I can't wait to try out some of the others.
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments from my visitors - your thoughts on the post, questions you have for me, or just to say hi - all I ask is that you are respectful to me and anyone else who comments on the posts. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll consider sharing this post on your various social sites.

ATTENTION: Any award nominations and TAGS need to be posted to the comments of my About page from now on!

Copyright © 2015 Once Untold
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates