Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday | Menagerie by Rachel Vincent

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights an upcoming book release that I'm looking forward to. This week I'm sharing with you Menagerie by Rachel Vincent, which is the first book in the Menagerie series. This book is set to be released on September 29th, 2015.


When Delilah Marlow visits a famous traveling carnival, Metzger's Menagerie, she is an ordinary woman in a not-quite-ordinary world. But under the macabre circus black-top, she discovers a fierce, sharp-clawed creature lurking just beneath her human veneer. Captured and put on exhibition, Delilah is stripped of her worldly possessions, including her own name, as she's forced to "perform" in town after town.

But there is breathtaking beauty behind the seamy and grotesque reality of the carnival. Gallagher, her handler, is as kind as he is cryptic and strong. The other "attractions"—mermaids, minotaurs, gryphons and kelpies—are strange, yes, but they share a bond forged by the brutal realities of captivity. And as Delilah struggles for her freedom, and for her fellow menagerie, she'll discover a strength and a purpose she never knew existed.

Renowned author Rachel Vincent weaves an intoxicating blend of carnival magic and startling humanity in this intricately woven and powerful tale.

****

Why am I looking forward to Menagerie?

1.) Rachel Vincent is one of my favorite authors.

2.) I really like darker fiction that explores what it means to be human and what can make us inhuman. 

3.) I have heard nothing, nothing but good things about this book. I mean, I'd read it just because it's a Rachel Vincent book, but knowing that others are really into Menagerie too, is even better.


You can purchase Menagerie for $9.99 on Amazon!



4 comments:

  1. I saw a wonderful review for this yesterday on Booktube and now I can't wait for it to be released. Hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting and I've always liked Rachel Vincent's writing so I will have to check it out!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/waiting-on-wednesday-16th-september-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! I really liked this one! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rachel Vincent and I've heard AMAZING things about this book! I'm so excited about it! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments from my visitors - your thoughts on the post, questions you have for me, or just to say hi - all I ask is that you are respectful to me and anyone else who comments on the posts. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll consider sharing this post on your various social sites.

ATTENTION: Any award nominations and TAGS need to be posted to the comments of my About page from now on!

Copyright © 2015 Once Untold
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates